Tenant FAQ Real Estate Offered by Coldwell Banker
1. Why should I work with Coldwell Banker?
Coldwell Banker offers you the opportunity to peruse as many Minnesota rental properties as you like as well as the opportunity to meet with as many property owners as you like. We will help you determine your ownership goals and long-term financial concerns. Plus, less an application fee, our services are completely free to the tenant.
2. Can I rent a rental with Coldwell Banker if I participate in Section 8 (the federal Housing Choice Voucher Program?
Yes, many of our Minnesota rental properties are approved for section 8 voucher assistance, and many of our other homeowners are open to the program. But before we can accept Section 8, we require applicants to be approved with a credit, criminal, and rental history.
3. How can I view available Minnesota rental homes?
Our Minnesota rental homes can be surveyed online, but if you’d like to view one of our homes in person, simply contact us at http://www.buysellleasemn.com/contact-bsl-mn/.
4. If I find a Minnesota rental property I really like, how can I request a showing?
Requesting a showing is easy—simply contact us at http://www.buysellleasemn.com/contact-bsl-mn/ and we’ll happily arrange a preview of the rental property.
5. How soon can I move in to my rental?
As soon as the initial payment is paid and the lease is signed, you are welcome to move in to your new. This can be as early as the day your application is approved.
6. How long will the lease term for my rental or Minnesota rental be?
A typical lease agreement lasts one year
7. What is the cost to the tenant of finding a Minnesota rental?
Tenants are not responsible for paying a BSL agent—our services in matching a tenant to a homeowner is paid by the homeowner. However, tenants are responsible for paying a damage deposit and closing fees to secure the property.
8. Is the rental price of a rental or Minnesota rental negotiable?
Rental homes are listed by experienced and knowledgeable agents at the market price they expect the to be worth, so it is usually rare for homes to be listed for too high. Nonetheless, if you find a rental in which you are interested but you feel the rental price is too high, it doesn’t hurt to ask if a lower rate could be considered, so long as you understand that the asking price is usually the price in which the homes rent for.
9. How much will the damage deposit for the Minnesota rental property cost me?
The average damage deposit is one month’s rent, though each lease is unique and the cost can vary depending on the rental. We will be happy to guide you through individual nuances in the leasing contract, should they arise.
10. If I find a Minnesota rental property that I really like, how can I secure the property?
Paying the damage deposit is generally sufficient to secure the rental, however it is still expected that the first month’s rent is secured prior to occupancy. If the lease states that rent is due and the first rental payment has not yet been received, the lease becomes null and void and the damage deposit is forfeited.
11. What kinds of tenants qualify for your rental properties?
Qualifying tenants are chosen by the homeowner, and as each homeowner has different requirements and expectations, so does each rental property. Having a strong credit standing, rental history, and employment history always helps, but none are necessarily required.
12. What are association dues? If I want to rent a Minnesota rental, do I have to pay them?
Homeowner association dues are fees for neighborhood services such as security patrols and lawn care. In most cases, the homeowner is responsible for paying these fees on the rental, but every lease for every property is unique, and there are a few instances in which the tenant is made responsible.
13. How do I apply to become the tenant in a Minnesota rental?
Contact us at http://www.buysellleasemn.com/contact-bsl-mn/ and we will provide you with the necessary application forms. Applications come with a small application fee.
14. Will the application I submit work for multiple Minnesota rental properties?
Yes. If you submit an application to a rental in the Twin Cities and the rental in which you were interested is rented or your application is not approved, Coldwell Banker will continue to search for another option for you. The application fee will not be duplicated.
15. Who approves my application for Minnesota rental tenancy?
In all cases, it is the homeowner who approves the tenant, after the agency has collected information and completed its background checks.
16. Does the amount I pay for renting a Twin Cities or rental include utilities payments or does it cover just rent?
This varies from one rental to the next. Check your leasing contract, which should explicitly state which utilities are included. If no utilities are listed as included, it will be the tenant’s responsibility to pay utilities.
17. If I have already begun renting a in Minnesota, can I change to a rent to own program before my lease is up?
Generally, in most cases you can change your rental program to a rent to own program by signing a Lease Option Contract and paying an option fee, granting you up to three years to buy the rental at anytime and making it possible for you to put up to 100% of your rent towards your future purchase (depending on the option fee amount and other qualifications).
18. Does having bad credit disqualify me from renting Minnesota rental homes or from the rent-to-own/lease option program?
Not necessarily—we will look primarily at your ability to make monthly payments. While credit issues are taken into consideration, they are not the only factor.
19. Does Coldwell Banker own the Minnesota rental properties?
The rental properties are owned by private homeowners in the/St. Paul Twin Cities area who have hired us to find qualified tenants to occupy their property.
20. I’m looking to move in, not now, but in the upcoming months. Can I still search for Minnesota rental homes to find something I like?
Most of our rental properties will be filled within 30-45 days, so it’s generally advisable to wait until about two months before you move in to find the right rental property. However, you are more than welcome to contact one of our leasing agents today at http://www.buysellleasemn.com/contact-bsl-mn/ so that they can keep an eye out for your ideal property.
21. What areas of the Twin Cities do you offer property management services?
Our services extend through the entire Twin Cities Metro area: we serve, St. Paul, Bloomington, Brooklyn Center, Brooklyn Park, Champlin, Chanhassen, Chaska, Deephaven, Eden Prairie, Edina, Excelsior, Golden Valley, Greenwood, Hopkins, Long Lake, Loretto, Maple Grove, maple Plain, Medicine Lake, Medina, Minnetonka, Minnetonka Beach, Minnetrista, Mound, Orono, Plymouth, Robbinsdale, Shorewood, Spring Park, St. Louis Park, Tonka Bay, Victoria, and. We also serve a number of cities in Dakota County, including, Burnsville, Eagen, Farmington, Hastings, Inver Grove Heights, Lakeville, Mendota, Mendota Heights, Rosemount, and. And we also serve the suburbs of County, including, Blaine, Falcon Heights, Lauderdale, Little Canada, Maplewood, Mounds View, New Brighton, North Oaks, Roseville, Shoreview, St. Anthony, St. Paul, Spring Lake Park, Vadnais Heights, and.
22. Do your Minnesota rental homes accept pets?
Yes, in most cases, the rental homes do accept pets, but conditions vary from one rental to the next. Check individual listings for more information. If the listing states that pets are not accepted, we’ve generally found that such conditions are negotiable, though in whatever case, a security deposit is usually required to cover the cost of possible damage.